- Start Date: asap
- Job Location: Remote UTC +06:00; +7:00; +08:00; +09:00 +10:00 Time zone
- Job Type: 5 month contract, possibility of full-time thereafter
- Salary: Competitive
eQualit.ie is seeking an experienced DevOps / Systems Engineer to work within a tight-knit team on our flagship DDoS mitigation project, Deflect. This is a relatively fast-paced environment with a strong sense of individual contribution and close-knit project teams. eQualit.ie welcomes applicants from all backgrounds. We are a remote-first company and offer flexible working arrangements. We are keen to hear from people who consider themselves under-represented in the software, technology or FLOSS communities – even if they feel they meet only some of our needs. You can read more about our principles here: https://equalit.ie/equalit-ie-manifesto
Deflect is a robust and innovative website protection service designed to withstand distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks. The DevOps / Systems Engineer maintains the Deflect network and responds to support issues escalated by the Systems Team. She/he will also participate in the software development process, working with the Software Engineer to review, QA and deploy code when needed.
You should have
- Excellent Linux administration skills: ability to write custom scripts.
- Strong experience in Ansible (creating Playbooks)
- Web server experience (NGINX preferable)
- DB admin experience (MySQL or equivalent)
- Experience with cloud technologies AWS/Digital Ocean
- Previous experience with CI/DevOps tools platforms (i.e. CircleCI, Ansible).
- Good Git skills (comfortable preparing release branches).
- Experience in monitoring tools (Nagios)
- Strong collaboration, written and verbal skills.
- Love creating awesome documentation!
It would be great if you also had
- Familiarity with Elastic Search
- Familiarity with Ansible and/or Docker,
- Motivation to contribute to other eQualit.ie projects
- Knowledge of concurrent programming
- Knowledge of caching technology (e.g. use of caching headers)
eQualit.ie is a small company run on not-for-profit principles. Our goal and motivation is to promote and protect human rights in the digital age. We solve complex technical problems for improving digital defences, introducing privacy to online activity and enabling freedom of expression and association. Current projects span DDoS mitigation and machine lead attack identification; peer-to-peer routing and distributed storage systems; digital security capacity building programs. Our projects on Github https://github.com/equalitie/
How to apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining how your experience and motivation match our requirements. Please make sure to include your GitHub (or similar) profile where we can see your previous code.